liuyizhi wang
Participant
    @charlotte-wang

1. What information do teachers need to know about their learners to prepare good lessons? (e.g. age, nationality, etc.)

I think there is more than one information that teachers need to know in advance. Firstly, the teacher needs to know the learner’s age as different ages have different characteristics. For example, if the learners are children, they tend to shorter concentration, not vary able to control their behavior, and need to move, which means the lessons should more activities and more pictures. Secondly, the teacher needs to know their nationality. That’s because as a teacher, we should respect their local cultural background and their customs. Besides, as a teacher, we should meet their needs. For instance, if the learners are an adult and their goal are to learn business English, the teacher does not have to teach their other irrelevant knowledge.

2.Why is it important for teachers to know about their learners’ characteristics and needs?

As I am mentioned, it could help the lessons more efficient.  And the teacher would make a lesson plan for different age periods. The learner would learn more knowledge in the class and would not feel boring.

3.  How can teachers find out about their learners?

For me, I thought there are many methods, such as questionnaires or discussions with them.  Moreover, the teacher could talk with children’s parents or their friends, which also could know their learning habits.