Zsofia Tarjani
Participant
    @zsofit

Which of the six principles reviewed above do you find the most difficult to interpret? And why?

I’m late to the party so I don’t think I can add too much to the great ideas you have all mentioned. For me as well though, it’s not so much the interpretation but the application of the principles in my materials that the article made me think about.

Which ONE principle do you think might not work so well with 2nd language learners?

I agree with @azurial’s idea about redundancy being an issue for L2 students. In my context, where the intake level is relatively low, I’m note sure students are able to follow instructions unless it’s spelt out for them. Fair point about the paraphrasing skills but I suppose it takes a while for them to get used to it.

Another thing that I thought about was accessibility: I thought we were encouraged to use in-built structures and features for accessibility reasons…I wonder whether these principles apply to these accessible materials (in particular screen readers).