Georgina Lloyd
Participant
    @georgie_l

Hi everyone,

Both of my examples are from a teacher’s perspective. Firstly, teaching a 10-week pre-sessional course this summer using Teams worked pretty well. A lot of the content was still delivered using Word documents, but two things worked particularly well. One, the flipped nature of the course – the students did a few hours work every day before attending the class. The live sessions could then be used to consolidate learning. Secondly – TEAMS – in my humble opinion I think this is fab! :good: My class had it’s own team, I only had 8 students. Every thing from the course (almost) is in one place. It’s really easy to interact, post messages, have meetings, and the live classroom teaching also takes place from there. So in answer to @paul-m questions, for me it’s defintely Teams.

A course that I teach on for a online university here in Spain does not live up to the promise of e-learning. Although there is some interactive content, too much of the course is still delivered through really long and confusing PDFs, and there are glitchy things with their platform that makes it really user-unfriendly. However, there are positives too, they have developed a software where students have to interact looking at different prompts in a live, recorded video call. The students quite hate it, but it a great way to gauge their real language level as it’s one of the few activities that they can’t prepare (or use Google translate) for!