Anastasios Asimakopoulos
Keymaster
    @anastasios

Hi @dbtekid Great reflections, thank you. I think the article is from a few years back but not earlier than 2011 (judging from its reference list). There have been plenty of studies so I’m adding a few examples for you in case you want to look at the UoS online catalogue:

Bridle, M. (2019) ‘Learner use of a corpus as a reference tool in error correction: Factors influencing consultation and success’, Journal of English for Academic Purposes, 37, pp. 52–69.

Charles, M. (2014) ‘Getting the corpus habit: EAP students’ long-term use of personal corpora’, English for Specific Purposes, 35(1), pp. 30–40.

Friginal, E. (2013) ‘Developing research report writing skills using corpora’, English for Specific Purposes, 32(4), pp. 208–220.

Now, regarding parallel corpora, you can access OPUS2 by using your institutional log in (click on Select Corpus – Advanced and search for OPUS) . It includes about 40 languages if I am not mistaken. You can search for a word in a language, then select the second language and see the translation of the concordances. Below, you can see that I searched for /etsi/ (left) and hopefully you can tell what it means based on what I highlighted (right). Hope you like it ;)