Anastasios Asimakopoulos
Keymaster
    @anastasios

Thank you for your thoughts so far! I won’t respond to them just yet in order to allow more people to share their ideas. I’ll write a summative post next week, but I wanted to talk about the interactive tool I used to develop the task (Rhian’s question).

As you can see, I used Word Sketch to create four different visuals, which I later combined into one visual and hid some of the words. To do that, I used Snagit, an amazing capturing tool that allows you to add arrows, shapes, notes, numbers, visual effects, etc. We used this for our guides.

Now, the interactive part. To make the task interactive, I used h5p and more specifically a task called ‘drag and drop’, where you upload an image and add labels and drop zones. It does take a little time to create the first time, but you can clone your task and reuse later without starting from scratch. These tools are typically used by the technology-enhanced learning (TEL) team, who develop a variety of interactive content materials across our programmes at the ELTC. If you are interested in learning how to develop online materials for flipped/asynchronous learning,  our amazing @david is also running a course called Instructional Design for Language Teachers.