Anastasios Asimakopoulos
Keymaster
    @anastasios

Hi @deefree it seems that you have found the answer ;) Yes, by default you see the frequency for both words. If you change the view options and turn on typicality too.

Regarding your second question, I’ve added a screenshot for you to see what it looks like. By the way, I put problem as my first lemma and cause as the second lemma in the search box (the order matters since SE assigns different colours and presents the results differently).

– If you start from the top and read downwards, you will see the collocates of problem from most typical to least typical i.e. solve (11.8), pose (10.0), cause (10.0), etc.

-When you reach the grey area (middle), you read it the same way but you focus on comparing the typicality scores if you are interested in which collocate is more typical/frequent out of the pair e.g. address is more typical and frequent for problem than it is for cause.

– And finally, when you reach the red area (bottom), you start from the bottom and read it upwards. You will see the collocates of cause from most typical to least typical i.e. advance (8.2), fight (8.0), confirm (7.9), etc.

I hope this helps. If not, happy to record a short video demo tomorrow.