Iroda Saydazimova
Participant
      @iroda

Hi everyone!

I am Iroda, and I am from Uzbekistan, Central Asia. I am a lecturer at an international university located in Tashkent. I mainly teach Academic English and Writing modules. My current passion is conducting classroom research. I am not good enough at it yet but trying to learn from my colleagues and mentors.

I think I am a very lucky person because I make a living by doing my hobby; I love teaching, and I enjoy working with kids, especially teenagers. Similar to Robert, I also prefer face-to-face teaching since I can read a lot from the eyes of my kiddos in the classroom – whether they are interested, understand or bored.

The reason I am  here is that it has been a while since I did my CELTA course and MA studies, and I feel that I want some refreshment in all areas of TESOL – from key terminology to teaching methods, and assessment principles to curriculum design. Also, the teachers from our university often volunteer to provide some refreshment professional development sessions for teachers in the schools located in remote areas of my country, and so do I.  Thus, to be confident about the quality of my input, I want to “empower and equip” myself as Gajinder mentions in her post. Eventually, teaching is a lifelong learning process, so I look forward to this professional development opportunity.