Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Anastasios Asimakopoulos
      Keymaster
          @anastasios

Here, you can ask any technical questions you might have about installing AntConc and uploading your corpora. We can clarify things from the guides and/or the practical tasks.

Prisila Mlingi
          Participant
              @prisila

Hi,

For this do we need to install AntConc a second time? Is there a difference between the blue and black? I have noticed that in one the ant is on a blue book and on the other one the ant is on a black book :-)

Anastasios Asimakopoulos
              Keymaster
                  @anastasios

Hello @prisila thank you for this question. Yes, they are different programs. AntCorGen (black book) is the software that allows us to create a corpus, while AntConc (blue book) is the software that we use in order to examine our corpus. So, you need to download and install AntConc in order to use the corpus you created in the previosu step.

Prisila Mlingi
                  Participant
                      @prisila

I almost gave up but I took a break had some Kenyan tea and went back to the task :-)

I have attached a series of screenshots for the tasks I have done. I would appreciate your valuable feedback.

Anastasios Asimakopoulos
                      Keymaster
                          @anastasios

It looks great @prisila well done! I can see you managed to upload your corpus successfully so there’s not much to say, unless you have any specific questions. If not, you can move on to the next topic and find out all about the keyword method.

Siti Asmiyah
                          Participant
                              @siti-asmiyah

Is there any limitation on the number of or the capacity of the files uploaded? I failed uploading the Geophysics – Physics various. When I clicked create, the application automatically shut/dissapeared.

Siti Asmiyah
                                Participant
                                    @siti-asmiyah

It worked at the end. I shut down my laptop, then restarted. In fact, the corpora I uploaded are not lost. They are still there.

Anastasios Asimakopoulos
                                  Keymaster
                                      @anastasios

Thank you for your question @siti-asmiyah If I am honest, I have not used AntConc to load corpora larger than 1-2 million words. I usually work with 100-300 articles as they are sufficient to investigate lexico-grammatical patterns. Yes, AntConc saves your corpora once you upload them; then, you only have to select which corpus you want to be active.

Zi Yang
                                      Participant
                                          @ziyang

I cannot use it, once I open it, it shows like this

the problem of using the tool

How can I deal with that situation?

Viewing 7 reply threads
                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.