Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Anastasios Asimakopoulos
      Keymaster
          @anastasios

Here, you can ask any technical questions you might have about the function we focussed on, Corpus Query Language (CQL). We can clarify things from the guides and/or the practical tasks e.g. if you got different results, couldn’t perform the search, need help to understand your CQL, etc. We can also answer any questions that arose during any other searches you might have performed on your own for practice.

Prisila Mlingi
          Participant
              @prisila

Hi Anastasios,

I have tried many many times but I did not succeed. Please see the screenshots below and let me know where I went wrong. Thank you

Anastasios Asimakopoulos
              Keymaster
                  @anastasios

Thank you for your question @prisila Your CQL query is well written but you didn’t specify what part of speech or grammatical form you want to find. You only need to type tag once to indicate that you are searching for a POS tag i.e [tag=” “]. What you need to within the quotation marks is the actual tag. For example, you can add N for a noun, V for a verb or J for an adjective, followed by .* Have a look at the guide again to notice the tags we are using in the screenshots and tasks, and let me know if you are still have questions.

Prisila Mlingi
                  Participant
                      @prisila

I finally did it :yahoo:

Thank you for your guidance

Siti Asmiyah
                      Participant
                          @siti-asmiyah

The tasks are very challenging yet interesting. Going back and forth to see the codes of the tags and trying various combination really train me not only to remember the tags but also practical skills.

Anastasios Asimakopoulos
                            Keymaster
                                @anastasios

Thank you @siti-asmiyah yes, it’s all about experimenting with the too! This way you get familiar with the tags and process of writing CQL sequences.

Viewing 4 reply threads
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.