Viewing 12 reply threads
  • Author
      David Read
      Keymaster
        @david

Please share the link to your presentation below and also add short answers to the following two questions:

1. How long did it take you to create the presentation?
        2. What aspect of the presentation took the longest for you to create? (e.g. creating the next/back buttons)

Do try to take a look at a couple of other presentations created by participants but don’t feel under obligation to comment on them as I will do that.

Thomas Leach
        Participant
          @thomasleach

Passive

Here’s my first attempt at this week’s activity

Jemima Perry
          Participant
            @jemima

Here’s my attempt. 

How long did it take you to create the presentation? Ages. I’m not sure as I wasn’t keeping track of time and did some yesterday and some today. Maybe two hours?!

What aspect of the presentation took the longest for you to create? (e.g. creating the next/back buttons)

Working out what to put as a layer and what to put as a new slide. I know this is not consistent here as for the first question I’ve put the answer on the same slide and for the second one I’ve put it on the next slide. This is because I wanted to change the character’s pose / expression but I couldn’t work out how to do this on the same slide.

It also took a while to set all the timings and animations up correctly. This got a bit easier once I changed to working on a bigger screen as I couldn’t see everything (the timings in particular) on my laptop screen, but it was still tricky and it’s still not quite right in places.

I also found it tricky to copy things – Mark Spermon makes it look super easy though. is he literally just doing copy paste?

Juliet Parfitt
              Keymaster
                @juliet

@jemima to change a character’s pose/expression on a single slide, the simplest way would be to add the changed character to a layer. From this new layer, then go down to the timeline and hide the character on the base layer so that it doesn’t show through.

David Lincoln
              Participant
                @david-l

Here’s my first attempt . It was a bit of an experiment and some of the slides are a bit busy and the colours are not appropriate. See what you think. I also found it a bit tricky and fiddly. I forgot to put in the previous and next buttons in the slides.

It took me more than the recommended time. The layers took the most time and trying to find the correct colours. Also, the layout on the screen took a lot of thought, so there wasn’t too much information and it didn’t look too busy. I didn’t always succeed at this. :bye:

https://360.articulate.com/review/content/1951eede-efbe-4175-8e5d-3fe4c863827c/review

Juliet Parfitt
                  Keymaster
                    @juliet

@david-l if you don’t change any settings in Storyline, it automatically adds previous and next buttons. It can sometimes look clearer/nicer though to remove these and have them on the slides.

David Lincoln
                    Participant
                      @david-l

Thank you Juliet. Another question. Where can I find the exercise / activity that David used at the beginning of Unit 6. The learner can write their own answer before checking it against  the correct answers. I’ve looked on h5p but I couldn’t find it there. Let me know  Thank you. :good:

Paula Villegas Verdu
                    Participant
                      @paula_villegas

Hi! my homework is here

It took me forever hours as storyline is just :negative:

Allison Dresner
                      Participant
                        @spottypoppy

Hi

Here is my storyline content – it is not on the passive – as I have been getting to grips with storyline over the past 3 weeks for work, this is one I created last week to insert into a Rise course – this storyline is about ‘word families’

https://360.articulate.com/review/content/3ac40b2c-3a6f-4cbe-ad55-8de6ecb217d2/review

I like storyline – but I have to think about all the different stages in each slide and then in the whole project – it’s so easy to forget one little thing!! eek  and yes it is nowhere near as quick and easy to use as Rise but that’s not necessarily a bad thing – Paula persevere – it does get easier.

Allison

Paula Villegas Verdu
                          Participant
                            @paula_villegas

Thanks so much for sharing this! I love the little explanations that appear by the words when clicking the numbers…ok I see how this can look really nice :yahoo:

David Read
                          Keymaster
                            @david

Thanks @thomasleach @jemima @david-l @paula_villegas and @spottypoppy for your first forays into Storyline. We won’t make too many comments here as we’ll add our ideas in the margins in Review so it’s clear what we’re referring to. And in the live session on Tuesday/Wednesday we’ll make some general comments about what you’ve created. However, to pick up on a couple of things mentioned:

@paula_villegas
                            , for someone who doesn’t like Storyline, you did a good job of creating content in it ;-)

@david-l
                            you asked about the activity at the start of Unit 6 where you typed in your idea and then compared with a model answer. This was done in Articulate Storyline, and we’ll look at how to do that in the live session next week.

Thanks for all your efforts, they are greatly appreciated. I know it can be frustrating at times as there seems to be so many things that need doing on the slides, but over time it does get easier as you build templates to reuse and you get familiar with the common techniques to create content. Both me and Juliet have been using Storyline for a few years now and it still flummoxes us sometimes!

Caitlin Coyle
                            Participant
                              @caitlin

I think I can do better but here it is: https://360.articulate.com/review/content/c0bfe67a-94c0-449f-9a1e-3665380910ec/review 

I think I would make sure to name each slide when sharing in future too

Bernadette Kelly
                              Participant
                                @berniek

Hi – late as usual – my excuse is that I was on holiday – back at work tomorrow.

How long did it take you to create the presentation? Seemed much shorter than the amount of time it took to download and install the software – I’m a Mac user.  Process was straightforward though. Took about 3 hours once I got started.

What aspect of the presentation took the longest for you to create? (e.g. creating the next/back buttons). I kind of fell in love with layers so I played around with them a lot and it took a bit of time to figure out how to mask buttons on older layers.  Avatars on there are great but take up a lot of space on the screen.  I think I should have done a screenshot of the face on the one I used so that I didn’t have the whole body on every slide…..or I could have used my own memojis but I’m sick looking at them :-).  Cant wait to get playing a bit more with this software, though.

It’s not complete but here is my attempt – I’ve tried to include all the requested items.  Bernie Passive 

Juliet Parfitt
                                Keymaster
                                  @juliet

Some people were asking in the live session about an accessibility colour wheel. This Adobe Colour website is useful as it advises you on the colour schemes you select: https://color.adobe.com/create/color-accessibility

Aline André
                                  Participant
                                    @aline

Here is my presentation:

Passive voice_AA

It took longer than I thought, and I was doing it just for the sake of this activity. I would imagine that it would take much longer if I were preparing a real lesson. We need too many clicks to get things working as animation, avatars, etc.

Julie Ibdali
                                    Participant
                                      @julie

Hi All, I’m so sorry for being soooooo late with this.  The link it to my Storyline for the passive voice, but it is very basic, and I didn’t cover much as I’m trying to catch up:(

Julie – passive

Rachel Beresford
                                      Participant
                                        @rachel-beresford

Hello,

Here is the link to my passives presentation. Sorry it’s so late!

https://360.articulate.com/review/content/ed4dc87a-8ef1-4d39-ba8e-776210124ecc/review

Viewing 12 reply threads
                                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.