Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      David Read
      Keymaster
        @david

Please add any comments about the first unit, particularly in the following areas:

1. Navigation and design: how easy was it to navigate the course and content?
        2. Content: how useful is the content to your teaching/working situation?
        3. Timing: was it possible to work through all the content in the estimated 4-5 hours?
        4. Difficulty: was the material suitably scaffolded or did you feel it was too challenging?
        Sue Everest
        Participant
          @sue

1. Navigation and design: very easy to find my way

2. Content: I hope it will all be useful, but it also depends on how flexible my employers allow me to be

3. Timing: I’m still playing catch up at the moment, but I think it’s ok

4. Difficulty: I’ve never used google slides before, so found it rather time-consuming. Should be a good learning curve though. Enjoyed using the ‘notes’ facility, all new to me. Is there a way of having this open in the same window and not blocking what’s on the page?

Jonathan Rowland
          Participant
            @jjdr

Navigation and design: Navigating the course and content has been straightforward and ‘user-friendly’ so far.
            Content: Directly relevant to my current situation, mainly adapting materials created by others to an online classroom.
            Timing: I’m sure it is possible .. though I am lagging behind already.
            Difficulty: Was the material suitably scaffolded or did you feel it was too challenging? – Seems about right.

Zsofia Tarjani
            Participant
              @zsofit

Navigation and design: very straightforward content and platform
              Content: it will be very useful for sure
              Timing: lagging behind as usual but I’ll get there :)
              Difficulty: not too challenging so far but there are loads of new concepts to put into practice or rather bear in mind when I plan materials

David Read
              Keymaster
                @david

thanks @jjdr @zsoftit and @sue for your comments on Unit 1, we really appreciate them. @sue, appreciate the comments about Google Slides, it’s difficult to know how much knowledge people enter the course with about Powerpoint/Google Slides, so we’re not sure whether to provide guides or not.

Re the notes tab, we haven’t found a way of making it open in the same window, However, if you move your mouse into the black area at the top where it says ‘take notes’, the cursor turns into an arrow and you should be able to move the box to a place where it isn’t so obstructive. Hope that helps!

Brenda Allen
                Participant
                  @azurial

Navigation: Excellent.  Very motivating and easy to follow

Content: Both the theory and the practice are entirely relevant

Timing: I always seem to spend much more time than is stipulated.  There is plenty to consider and also to produce – but I guess it would be perfectly possible to dip and skim at will, if time is an issue, which it is not for me right now

Difficulty: Using the Google slides in this way was a bit of a struggle for me, as mentioned.  I was impressed and grateful that you responded to this with the extremely useful practical session.  Thanks again

Viewing 5 reply threads
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.