Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      David Read
      Keymaster
        @david

Please add any comments about the fourth unit, particularly in the following areas:

1. Navigation and design: how easy was it to navigate the course and content?
        2. Content: how useful is the content to your teaching/working situation?
        3. Timing: was it possible to work through all the content in the estimated 4-5 hours?
        4. Difficulty: was the material suitably scaffolded or did you feel it was too challenging?
        Thomas Leach
        Participant
          @thomasleach

Another great week. I really enjoyed learning Rise and feel like I’ve got a decent understanding of it already. This week’s article was really good too.

The course was easy to navigate and it only took a few hours which is good but I felt like a lot of useful information and activities was packed in.

I found Rise quite easy to get my head around once I knew it was put into blocks. I was surprised it lacked the activity options of H5P but can see it creates a much more professional looking finished product.

Looking forward to week 5.

David Lincoln
          Participant
            @david-l

Another really useful week. The Rise content was really good and I enjoyed playing around with the different tools. The article was also helpful.

It took me  longer than I thought  to grasp the Rise content and put it in to practice but I got there in the end. As Thomas said it looks really professional.

Julie Ibdali
            Participant
              @julie

I really like AR and can see ways of perhaps using it with my ss in the future and perhaps even for formative assessment.  I don’t know if it just me, but I feel like the tasks take me quite a long time, much longer than the anticipated time.  I thoroughly enjoy the Zoom meetings and can take something away each week, I just wish they were twice a week and not just the once.

Paula Villegas Verdu
              Participant
                @paula_villegas

ok this week’s feedback

Navigation and design: how easy was it to navigate the course and content? Fab, all good and easy
                Content: how useful is the content to your teaching/working situation? very! I am not sure I will be using it immediately, unlike h5p, but hopefully soon.
                Timing: was it possible to work through all the content in the estimated 4-5 hours? yes, I think I spend around that this week and I feel like I had a good go at articulate rise, maybe it is because this tool is very intuitive.
                Difficulty: was the material suitably scaffolded or did you feel it was too challenging? yeah, it was fine if anything the videos were a bit too scaffolded. :unsure:

Looking forward to next week!

Caitlin Coyle
                Participant
                  @caitlin

Navigation and design: Straightforward and very helpful videos
                  Content: Very relevant. Having things all on one place is really good.
                  Timing:  Ok
                  Difficulty: The basics were ok but because of the pre-sessional being in full swing I haven’t had the chance to go beyond what the videos explained.

Jemima Perry
                  Participant
                    @jemima

I really enjoyed this week. The article about cognitive science was really interesting and I’m starting to get to grips with Articulate, although looking at others’ lessons I’ve still got a lot to learn!

I liked the review and reading task too – it was a great example of how to do iterative review.

I think I’ve spent more than the 5 hours this week, but more to do with me trying things out than too much being set I think.

Bernadette Kelly
                    Participant
                      @berniek

Really enjoyed this unit – took a bit of time but it is so practical!

sue robbins
                      Participant
                        @suerobbins

Navigation and design: all good
                        Content: the language teaching content not so much (I don’t teach EFL these days), but I can easily apply the content to a project of my own
                        Timing: good – though I’ve spent a lot more time trying things out
                        Difficulty: all good.

2 tedious things I can’t get right: 1) I’ve tried making Padlet bigger to fit across the screen by adapting height/width in the embed code but to no avail. Help! 2) I can’t get one cell in a table to align properly and have lost the will to try again – help!

Thanks

Sue :bye:

Juliet Parfitt
                        Keymaster
                          @juliet

@suerobbins if you embed Padlet in Rise, you can then go to ‘edit: settings’ and change it to fit the full screen.

I’ve just made some suggestions for cell alignment in a reply to your Rise content post. Let me know how it goes!

sue robbins
                            Participant
                              @suerobbins

You’re a life saver @juliet (well it’s not my life you’ve saved, exactly, but maybe a sliver of sanity!)

Aline André
                            Participant
                              @aline

Navigation and design: easy
                              Content: very useful. Not sure when/how I’ll be using it, but it is definitely in my plans
                              Timing: ok
                              Difficulty: I thought articulate was easier to play with than the previous tool H5P.

Viewing 10 reply threads
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.