Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      David Read
      Keymaster
        @david

Please add any comments about the sixth unit, particularly in the following areas:

1. Navigation and design: how easy was it to navigate the course and content?
        2. Content: how useful is the content to your teaching/working situation?
        3. Timing: was it possible to work through all the content in the estimated 4-5 hours?
        4. Difficulty: was the material suitably scaffolded or did you feel it was too challenging?
        Thomas Leach
        Participant
          @thomasleach

I would say that as per usual navigation and design, content and difficulty were all great. I really enjoyed getting my head around Storyline which as you mentioned seems a lot like PowerPoint but with the added element of layers.

I think the final activity took longer than expected but that’s because Storyline seems to be quite intricate with all of the timings, layers and button connections. It definitely has more depth that Rise which kind of does it for you more.

Looking forward to getting more into it next week.

Jemima Perry
          Participant
            @jemima

As Thomas says, the design, navigation and content were great again. But yes, the task took a long time and Storyline is really difficult. But having had a look at some of the things that can be done with it I’m going to persevere!

David Lincoln
            Participant
              @david-l

I agree with the comments above and I will persevere with it as well. It took a long time because of the intricacy of all the different content. :bye:

Paula Villegas Verdu
              Participant
                @paula_villegas

Here goes my feedback

Navigation and design: how easy was it to navigate the course and content? fab
                Content: how useful is the content to your teaching/working situation? very useful
                Timing: was it possible to work through all the content in the estimated 4-5 hours? it took me about 3 hours to do the main task, and this time it was not like ‘oh my god I love this, I want to learn everything’ but rather ‘what evil sorcery is this and why does the programme have a mind of its own?’ So I am disappointed that it took forever and the result is average and aesthetically questionable.
                Difficulty: was the material suitably scaffolded or did you feel it was too challenging? It is really well scaffolded and the videos being short makes it easier to revise specific points but I just don’t love storyline as much as the other resources we have explored ( I still think it looks ugly!) :wacko:  

Excited for unit 7!

sue robbins
                Participant
                  @suerobbins

Navigation and design: :good:
                  Content: I’ve decided against spending much time with Storyline as my manager doesn’t intend purchasing an Articulate licence. I need to be a bit pragmatic in order to get to the end of August in one piece.
                  Timing: :good:
                  Difficulty: :good:

Caitlin Coyle
                  Participant
                    @caitlin

Navigation and design: how easy was it to navigate the course and content?: :good:  

Content: how useful is the content to your teaching/working situation?: :good:  I have seen Kaplan who I sometimes work for using Rise in their staff training I am not sure about Storyline. I don’t know if I would get to use it myself on a regular basis but I think the general principles: interactivity, multimedia, use of colour, etc are all quite applicable whether using Storyline or trying to achieve similar things with other platforms/apps.

Timing: was it possible to work through all the content in the estimated 4-5 hours?  I think so but I did it it different sittings.

Difficulty: was the material suitably scaffolded or did you feel it was too challenging? Materials are well scaffolded. As Paula @paula_villegas said the short videos are really useful. Storyline is quite nightmarish though as a creator. I think Rise is quite intuitive as a creator but as a user can be off-putting because of the need to scroll, whereas Storyline is far more bitty and difficult for the creator. When Storyline is done well though I think it looks better than Rise.

Bernadette Kelly
                    Participant
                      @berniek

Navigation and design: how easy was it to navigate the course and content? Very easy

Content: how useful is the content to your teaching/working situation? Depends on whether I can get added to the users. At the moment very useful!
                      Timing: was it possible to work through all the content in the estimated 4-5 hours?  No – definitely not – but I’m very slow
                      Difficulty: was the material suitably scaffolded or did you feel it was too challenging? I thought it was just right – hard enough to be interesting but not too hard.

Aline André
                      Participant
                        @aline

Navigation and design: all good
                        Content: storyline is not very intuitive and it can be a nightmare with all the clicks and times. I don’t think I would use it given that I would need to spend a lot of time creating appropriate materials.
                        Difficulty: the videos really helped to get on with storyline. I don’t think I would be able to create anything without the videos

Viewing 8 reply threads
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.