Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      David Read
      Keymaster
        @david

Please add any comments about the seventh unit, particularly in the following areas:

1. Navigation and design: how easy was it to navigate the course and content?
        2. Content: how useful is the content to your teaching/working situation?
        3. Timing: was it possible to work through all the content in the estimated 4-5 hours?
        4. Difficulty: was the material suitably scaffolded or did you feel it was too challenging?
        Caitlin Coyle
        Participant
          @caitlin

Navigation and design: :good:
          Content: :good:
          Timing: :good:   I like how the content feeds into work we have already done and I think this helps the timing as well.
          Difficulty: Videos provided very good scaffolding again

A question: Unit 4 and 5 appear as half done for me (don’t know about others), but I think I have completed everything in those as everything apart from the main heading is ticked.instructional design course units 4 and 5

I think Unit 7’s heading was also ticked even before I completed everything, possibly after I did the first activity

Anyway not a big problem I was just wondering why :bye:

David Read
          Keymaster
            @david

Thanks for the feedback @caitlin. No idea why the ticking is being so weird! The only thing that might have happened in Units 4 and 5 is that I updated a topic within it later (e.g. a typo or something) and that reset it so you’d have to click through it again for it to be ticked. Or it’s just being glitchy. Either way, it doesn’t matter too much as I know you’ve done them and if at the end there’s anything not completing, I can do it from the backend.

Natallia Novikava
            Participant
              @natallia

1. Navigation and design: great, no problems here
              2. Content: I’m not sure I’ll have access to Articulate but I find the content very useful and relevant as it generally helps to understand what works (or not) online. The feedback on the tasks is really useful, thank you!
              3. Timing: took me longer but that’s because I had some catching up to do.
              4. Difficulty: the videos are brilliant, very helpful.

Bernadette Kelly
              Participant
                @berniek

All great but timing is still an issue for me – seems to take me much longer than suggested.

PANAGIOTA TZANNI
                Participant
                  @ptzanni

It’s very annoying there is no MAC version; I need to bully my partner around to give me his. If my uni funds articulate I may buy something with Windows.

Jemima Perry
                    Participant
                      @jemima

Yes, it seems you have to buy Parallel to continue using Storyline…v annoying!

Jemima Perry
                    Participant
                      @jemima

Navigation and design: All good
                      Content: Very useful, although I’m not sure how much I’ll be able to use Storyline…
                      Timing: It took a lot longer and I wasn’t able to finish the homework as my Parallel trial ended. I’ve tried a few things to extend it but no luck…any ideas?
                      Difficulty: the videos were really helpful again but I still had lots of issues with Storyline. Not sure how many were glitches due to Parallel trial ending and how many were just me not being able to do it!

David Read
                      Keymaster
                        @david

@jemima and @ptzanni, you might want to look into installing bootcamp on your Mac. This is a process where you devote a part of your Mac hard drive to installing Windows and then when you start your laptop, you can choose whether to go into Mac OS or Windows. They run completely separately, so it should run better than Parallels. The big difference is that you don’t have access to any of your Mac folders etc when you are in Windows, they run as two separate installations. It doesn’t cost anything to do this, but you will need a copy of Windows 10 to install.

Aline André
                        Participant
                          @aline

Time was the only issue for me. It takes a lot of time to develop quizzes and ensure they look minimally good.

Julie Ibdali
                          Participant
                            @julie

Navigation and design:  Brilliant, everything is easy to navigate and always engaging.

Content:  The content is very useful, but it does me me wonder if I will ever get the opportunity to use it again.  I really like Storyline!

Timing:  For me this is an issue, I think mostly because under the present circumstances there is just far too much screen time.  Normally, I would do any coursework late in the evening, but at the moment, I just can’t face looking at the screen again!

Difficulty:  I don’t think anything is difficult, I think time is the issue and just remembering how to do things.  The videos are brilliant and so helpful.  I must have watched the ones for Storyline twice over if not more!

Viewing 9 reply threads
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.