Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      David Read
      Keymaster
          @david

Please add any comments about the eighth unit, particularly in the following areas:

1. Navigation and design: how easy was it to navigate the course and content?
          2. Content: how useful is the content to your teaching/working situation?
          3. Timing: was it possible to work through all the content in the estimated 4-5 hours?
          4. Difficulty: was the material suitably scaffolded or did you feel it was too challenging?
          Tania Pacheco
          Participant
              @tania-pacheco

Hi,

1. Navigation and design: how easy was it to navigate the course and content? Easy to navigate. The step by step videos are very useful to learn how to deal with the technical difficulties. Thank you!

2. Content: how useful is the content to your teaching/working situation? Very useful and in the right amount, I did not feel overwhelmed.

3. Timing: was it possible to work through all the content in the estimated 4-5 hours? it took me a while to do the editing, I was scared of losing my work and start again. It was a big learning curve for me and I am glad I finally did it, as I was pushing this experience for long time ago. I feel now that I want to learn more but I have to say it is time consuming, this should be a hobby, otherwise I am not getting paid enough.

4. Difficulty: was the material suitably scaffolded or did you feel it was too challenging? Yes, for me, although I think that there are so many tools for editing out there, that at the end of the day, choosing one is a personal taste. Whatever fits your idea of a good tool should be fine, I guess? :scratch:   What is important, is how to organise and present the information. ;-)

Akiko IWATA
              Participant
                  @akiko

Hi,

1. Navigation and design: No problem on navigation and design. Easy to understand and follow.

2. Content: Very useful. I spent hours and hours to think how to use the skill/technology(?) in my class. It’s inspiring.

Actually, I learned quite a lot about the video role. So far I didn’t like to expose myself to the public (even though I made 5 short videos on Indonesian abc and greetings two years ago for beginner-students because I had to teach Indonesian with a mask at that time) , but after I attended this course I understand the presence of the instructor in e-learning (or on demand?) material will make the students feel more encouraged.

3. Timing: Well, probably yes. I used storyline because my H5P free trial period was over, and I need more time to use storyline to check after I designed the content for storyline. I understand what @tania-pacheco mentioned, about hobby or payment, and basically I agree. That’s why I had to think to make it not as a hobby.

4. Difficulty: It was scaffolding and also challenging. I spend less time this week to use storyline, but much time to think. And I found out that I need to create much more as trial to design what I want to create.

Richard Davie
                  Participant
                      @egq22rd

This is something I’d potentially like more time on, but then…what would you cut?

It would be interesting to explore a bit more unnecessary video, but also the ins & outs of good practice (a big subject in itself, I’m sure). Anti-examples would be useful; actually a broader point across more of what we cover, but finding such material, or getting consent to use that with that object…tricky!

Viewing 3 reply threads
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.