Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Juliet Parfitt
      Keymaster
        @juliet

Please add any comments about the ninth unit, particularly in the following areas:

1. Navigation and design: how easy was it to navigate the course and content?
        2. Content: how useful is the content to your teaching/working situation?
        3. Timing: was it possible to work through all the content in the estimated 4-5 hours?
        4. Difficulty: was the material suitably scaffolded or did you feel it was too challenging?
        Brenda Allen
        Participant
          @azurial

I found this unit to be exemplary – so a resounding very, very, yes, yes to all four of the standard criteria. In case it is relevant for the future, I’d just add a quick note to say that I could not complete the Drag and Drop Activity in the Phases of Course Design section. (Although I did do it it in my head.)  It may be that I am again hampered by using a laptop, as the format was not navigable on my screen – making it impossible to drag the item and scroll up in order to drop it correctly.  I am certain this pronounced lack of contiguity will not have been the case for those who are working on larger screens.  Another point is that I was surprised to learn that this unit was of the more optional variety, as I would have thought it was fundamental to any aspect of course design.  Of course, the self study aspects are excellent, as ever, and can be accessed at any point.  However, there is quite a degree of interactivity built in which – as is the case with all the other units – does rely on participation in order to be wholly successful.

Juliet Parfitt
          Keymaster
            @juliet

Thank you @azurial for your feedback. That’s a good point about the drag and drop activity. We can take another look at it – it is a long way to drag up the page. Our reasoning for making this unit optional was that some people involved in making instructional design content may not necessarily be involved in the overall course design, or may prefer to complete the final assignment first and then return to this unit after. It’s true though that participation is required in the unit, and I’m pleased that there has been!

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.