Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      David Read
      Keymaster
        @david

Please share your 3 to 4 course outcomes below. Come back and compare yours with others to see how similar they are.

Thomas Leach
        Participant
          @thomasleach

1. By the end of the course, you will have a working knowledge of instructional design software such as H5p, Articulate Rise and Articulate Storyline.

2. By the end of the course, you will be able to demonstrate instructional design principles through the development of a short assignment.

3. By the end of the course, you will be able to complete technical functions such as embedding and basic video development.

PANAGIOTA TZANNI
          Participant
            @ptzanni

@thomasleach  did such an excellent job in the previous, so I will write some learning outcomes for my Engineering students.

1. By the end of the course, you will be able to write an argumentative essay and a lap report.

2. By the end of the course, you will be able to express your opinion in a clear in a seminar discussion.

3. By the end of the course, you will be able to read field specific academic sources.

sue robbins
            Participant
              @suerobbins

By the end of your Instructional Design for Language Teachers Course you will be able to:

·         Critically evaluate digital content to assess how well it promotes learning

·         Articulate and apply key principles of effective course/materials design

·         Apply principles of cognitive load theory when designing online course/materials

·         Use a range of authoring tools to create interactive learning sequences

Caitlin Coyle
              Participant
                @caitlin

@thomasleach and @suerobbins Sorry both I think I accidentally deleted your comments to the first question David asked on the previous article as well as deleting the question itself maybe @david can recover it.  I thought by clicking ‘resolve’ I was commenting but it deleted the question and previous comments. Sorry again :-(

Outcomes

By the end of this course you will be able to:

1.    Identify the key features of affecting the accessibility of online course content, as well as the key principles of Instructional Design (e.g. the multimedia principle)

2.    Apply these key features and principles by creating short activities and lessons using authoring tools such as Articulate Rise and Articulate Storyline

3.    Embed other tools and platforms (e.g. H5P) into your course content.

4.    Discuss your progress with the previous three outcomes with other practitioners

These learning outcomes will all culminate in you producing an assignment containing 2-4 lessons on Articulate Rise.

—-

Maybe I should have included something about storyboarding. It is difficult to keep the brief but with sufficient detail. I think the University of Glasgow mainly use Biggs and Tang constructive alignment model to create learning outcomes. The advice did seem quite similar in the chapter though.

Aline André
                Participant
                  @aline

By the end of this course, you will be able to:

• evaluate the effectiveness of different tools to support learning
                  • identify/use appropriate authoring tools to address different needs and audiences
                  • develop engaging materials to attain students’ motivation and learning

Bernadette Kelly
                  Participant
                    @berniek

Can’t improve on the objectives outlined by Thomas

Paula Villegas Verdu
                    Participant
                      @paula_villegas

I agree with @berniek, the objectives proposed so far are great especially @thomasleach’s ones.

David Read
                      Keymaster
                        @david

Yes, @thomasleach @suerobbins and @caitlin, you did a rather fabulous job of outlining the learning outcomes, making it very difficult for anyone else to come after you (damn you!!). All measurable, student-focussed and achievable.

Viewing 8 reply threads
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.