August 2, 2021 at 10:00 #25450David ReadKeymaster@david
Please share your 3 to 4 course outcomes below. Come back and compare yours with others to see how similar they are.
August 2, 2021 at 12:11 #25514Thomas LeachParticipant@thomasleach
1. By the end of the course, you will have a working knowledge of instructional design software such as H5p, Articulate Rise and Articulate Storyline.
2. By the end of the course, you will be able to demonstrate instructional design principles through the development of a short assignment.
3. By the end of the course, you will be able to complete technical functions such as embedding and basic video development.
August 2, 2021 at 14:43 #25521PANAGIOTA TZANNIParticipant@ptzanni
@thomasleach did such an excellent job in the previous, so I will write some learning outcomes for my Engineering students.
1. By the end of the course, you will be able to write an argumentative essay and a lap report.
2. By the end of the course, you will be able to express your opinion in a clear in a seminar discussion.
3. By the end of the course, you will be able to read field specific academic sources.
August 2, 2021 at 14:58 #25523sue robbinsParticipant@suerobbins
By the end of your Instructional Design for Language Teachers Course you will be able to:
· Critically evaluate digital content to assess how well it promotes learning
· Articulate and apply key principles of effective course/materials design
· Apply principles of cognitive load theory when designing online course/materials
· Use a range of authoring tools to create interactive learning sequences
August 8, 2021 at 13:41 #26413Caitlin CoyleParticipant@caitlin
@thomasleach and @suerobbins Sorry both I think I accidentally deleted your comments to the first question David asked on the previous article as well as deleting the question itself maybe @david can recover it. I thought by clicking ‘resolve’ I was commenting but it deleted the question and previous comments. Sorry again
By the end of this course you will be able to:
1. Identify the key features of affecting the accessibility of online course content, as well as the key principles of Instructional Design (e.g. the multimedia principle)
2. Apply these key features and principles by creating short activities and lessons using authoring tools such as Articulate Rise and Articulate Storyline
3. Embed other tools and platforms (e.g. H5P) into your course content.
4. Discuss your progress with the previous three outcomes with other practitioners
These learning outcomes will all culminate in you producing an assignment containing 2-4 lessons on Articulate Rise.
Maybe I should have included something about storyboarding. It is difficult to keep the brief but with sufficient detail. I think the University of Glasgow mainly use Biggs and Tang constructive alignment model to create learning outcomes. The advice did seem quite similar in the chapter though.
August 9, 2021 at 12:41 #26443Aline AndréParticipant@aline
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- evaluate the effectiveness of different tools to support learning
- identify/use appropriate authoring tools to address different needs and audiences
- develop engaging materials to attain students’ motivation and learning
August 10, 2021 at 09:25 #26588Bernadette KellyParticipant@berniek
Can’t improve on the objectives outlined by Thomas
August 10, 2021 at 14:42 #26594
August 11, 2021 at 09:35 #26621
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.