Viewing 14 reply threads
  • Author
      Juliet Parfitt
      Keymaster
        @juliet

If you want to share the activities you created below, please do so. However, don’t feel under any obligation to respond or comment on anything, this is really just for curiosity sake so you can compare what you created with other participants.

Brenda Allen
        Participant
          @azurial

Unfortunately I am still having to strip the links out of the embedding data! This seems to work and I’m getting used to it – but it would be good to find the reason somehow. Here is a screenshot of what I get on the screen:

No ‘external link’ appears to share in the box. (The one in the bottom left cannot be grabbed. It slips away!)

Brenda Allen
          Participant
            @azurial

Here is the Column activity I tried to create from the three exercises above:

https://azurial1210.h5p.com/content/1291466896288894047/

With Exs 1 and 2 I just clicked ‘re-use’ and pasted across in edit mode successfully.  Very straightforward.

However, with Ex 3 – the Dictation – I was not successful in duplicating the material across into the column.  I followed the tutorial and created a file but was unable to upload.  Could not even find the ‘upload’ button, in fact!?!

I wonder if the last exercise was more tricky because it has an audio component?

Sue Everest
            Participant
              @sue
              Sue Everest
              Participant
                @sue
                Sue Everest
                Participant
                  @sue

Hi @juliet and @david. I’m trying to use audacity to create 3 separate dictation sentences for 3) dictation task. However, I’m finding that, as before, I can’t see how to start a new file. The second file just adds onto the first bit of audio so that when I open my second file I get both sentence 1 and 2. Any tips, please?

Juliet Parfitt
                    Keymaster
                      @juliet

@sue, if you want to start a completely new recording in Audacity, go back to file, and then new.It should open a completely separate recording pane.

Sue Everest
                      Participant
                        @sue

Thank you @juliet. How about this:

Juliet Parfitt
                        Keymaster
                          @juliet

Great! I got them right @sue

Brenda Allen
                        Participant
                          @azurial

Hi @Juliet @David, just wondering if you have any insights into the problem I experienced with completing the third part of my column activity? Please see above. I have just returned to try it out again but still no luck. (Neither with the link issue.) Many thanks

David Read
                          Keymaster
                            @david

@azurial, one possible solution to the link issue is to grab the link from the browser bar rather than the pop up window. First make sure you’ve set it to public in the pop up window, then close that window. Then make sure you have clicked on the page with the activity on it, and then copy the link from the normal place (see image below):

Re the issue with the column. You can’t use the Reuse/Upload option within the column activity. However, you can copy the whole dictation and paste into the column. First, go to your Dictation activity and click on edit. At the top should be an option to copy like in the picture below. click that:

Once you have done that, go back to your list of activities and open up the Columns one and click edit. Then at the bottom click Add Content, you should then see a Paste option (see picture below). Click that and it should paste the dictation activity into the Column. Bit of a faff I admit, but it does work! Let me know how you get on.

Brenda Allen
                              Participant
                                @azurial

Hi @David and thanks for your comprehensive reply.

1.  I re-did all the links in the alternative way you suggest, which worked, and now they fully open out onto the forum in all their glory. Huge spaces and all!

2.  I also meticulously followed your detailed instructions for the column. Unfortunately, I am getting the same problem as with all my other attempts at inserting the ‘Dictation’ section 3 at the end. When I get to paste it over, the ‘paste’ box has a cross in it and simply will not paste. (Although it did for the two previous exercises?!?) Please see screenshot:

I’m beginning to think I have a dud version of H5P or that it has some issue with my laptop! Anyway, as nobody else seems to share any of these annoying obstacles :cry: , I think I must move my focus onto Articulate Rise now. Thanks very much indeed, again, for your input. Much appreciated and all part of the learning experience… :scratch:

Update:  I was hopeful I could resolve this after re-attending your demonstration just now in our online session.  Unfortunately still get a cross in the paste box (although it says that the ex is copied to the clipboard) and cannot paste the Dictation exercise into my column :unsure:

Zsofia Tarjani
                              Participant
                                @zsofit

I really enjoy making these even though they are a bit fiddly. :)  I guess we’ll all have very similar activities but here are mine:

Gap fill: https://testwizard.h5p.com/content/1291468517393754087

Summary: https://testwizard.h5p.com/content/1291468553909830557

Dictation: https://testwizard.h5p.com/content/1291468560221216947

Naomi Rabin
                                Participant
                                  @naomirabin

My attempts, sure they are similar to those above.

Robert Anderson
                                  Participant
                                    @robert

Here goes…

Exercise 1: Fill the gap

Exercise 2: Controlled practice

Exercise 3: Listen and write

Robert Jackson
                                    Participant
                                      @robj

There is a potential issue where students might write e.g. ‘the cheapest’ and get the wrong answer.

I messed this one up so it is partially complete.

Can’t do the third one yet because I am in the library )))

Andrew Burke
                                      Participant
                                        @andrew

Here you go…

Andrew

David Read
                                        Keymaster
                                          @david

thanks  @naomirabin @andrew @zsofit @robert @robj for your contributions, as Zsofi mentions, many of your activities are the same or very similar, but that’s fine, great minds think alike! All very effective.

@robj
                                          mentions the possibility that students might write the correct answer but due to capital letters etc it might be identified as wrong. It is possible to indicate alternative answers by separating them with a slash. The instructions are in the activity, but you need to click the instructions button to show them.

Georgina Lloyd
                                          Participant
                                            @georgie_l

Here are mine..

Form – fill the gaps

Summary

Dictation

This was a great review activity, like @zsofit I enjoyed making these and feel more comfortable with the tool.

Viewing 14 reply threads
                                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.