Viewing 15 reply threads
  • Author
      David Read
      Keymaster
          @david

Please share the link to your video interaction below (e.g. Articulate Review or H5P link), and also answer the following questions:

What aspect of creating the content was the most challenging?

How comfortable were you doing this activity with less guidance than in previous units?

Also, feel free to comment on the content of others if there’s anything that stands out.

Akiko IWATA
          Participant
              @akiko

Hi. @david, maybe I missed to read the information but I don’t know how to download You Tube video to my computer to edit because it is too long and I wanted to cut it. Could you tell me?

I can embed URL of You Tube video, but I think I have to download it to edit.

ann clayton
              Participant
                  @ann-c

Hi @david @Juliet, any advice on why I can’t see the video in clip champ?  The video (mp4) is loaded, but it’s just a black space with a green  box around it – no individual images. I’ve tried to practice with a you tube video but had the same issue as Akiko.  Thanks

Tania Pacheco
                  Participant
                      @tania-pacheco

@david I have an old video made on Panopto. Can I use this? it is in Spanish though!

David Read
                      Keymaster
                          @david

@akiko if you want to download a YouTube video to properly edit it, there are various sites that you can use: Find it and Zip it is one, cc converter another. However, if all you want to do is start the YouTube video from a later point, you can do that from the Share menu on any YouTube video. Move the video to the time you want it to start, click the Share button underneath it, tick the box for the time you want it to start and then click copy (see picture below):

David Read
                          Keymaster
                              @david

@ann-c, can you tell us what video you are trying to edit in Clip Champ and if possible share it with us (e.g. via a google drive link) so we can test it out for ourselves?

ann clayton
                              Participant
                                  @ann-c

Hi @david, using a different email address seems to work. thanks

ann clayton
                                  Participant
                                      @ann-c

My video link, edited in the middle and using h5p as haven’t used it for video.  Interesting lesson in how to pick a video, I realised this was very fast…

@Akiko
                                      , your personal video is impressive, thanks for showing me what can be done with loom

@david
                                      , is it possible to copy stuff from the BBC if it is a video learning resource?

Tania Pacheco
                                      Participant
                                          @tania-pacheco

Hi everyone,

I have a bunch of videos that I’ve recorded in COVID times (three years ago) for students who missed my lessons, so I’ve decided to use one of those. These videos are quite rough as I did not know how to edit them at that time, or how to add any quiz, etc… It is not that I know how to do it now, but at least I am beginning to feel more confident with the technology that is surrounding us nowadays. :whistle:

Anyway, I’ve used Panopto which is the video platform that we have at work, and I think it is time to exploit it since I am doing this course.

I’ve also tried to use Clipchamp and all the variety of fancy features it offers but when I uploaded my video, I’ve realised that you cannot add any quiz, am I right? So, I went back to Panopto for practical reasons. I did not try on H5P but I guess you can do the interactive quiz there, can you?  Although, my account is not working anymore. I will need to create a new one with another e-mail for the “big project”. :wacko:

I personally think that my video needs more work to be done to make it look more professional, but I am also proud that I’ve managed to create this Frankenstein video. :scratch:

@David
                                          , I know that my video violates the 6 principles learnt on Unit 1 but my hope is that I will have the time to revamp them in the near future.

https://southampton.cloud.panopto.eu/Panopto/Pages/Viewer.aspx?id=e4b3e0c0-f8dc-4a5c-8965-af590165363b

This video is for students of Level 2, who in theory should be able to understand the basic Spanish. Feel free to comment as this will help me to improve my teaching practice. I’ll appreciate it! :rose:

———-

I’ve just tested this link from an external account and for some reason the quizzes are not showing, I guess you meant to have Panopto downloaded in order to see it, @David would you be able to give some advice about this please? Why the quizz is not showing :(

Richard Davie
                                          Participant
                                              @egq22rd

I know I can edit stuff via our institution’s own in-house platform (Yuja), and MS Stream as well (I think), so I’ve just taken a pre-existing YouTube and indulged myself in creating stuff around that, going for the relative simplicity of Rise + HP5.

It’s based on a Fontaines DC video from May 2020 (thanks to Radio 6 & early COVID!). It’s very much an alpha release version, but I enjoyed doing it. It’s assuming a reasonably advanced level (and an interest in contemp. music of a kind).

https://360.articulate.com/review/content/257246a2-897e-4b78-9b01-689ebbbe100d/review

David Read
                                              Keymaster
                                                  @david

@egq22rd, fascinating lesson around a very different topic, but does show what’s possible using these tools to create an engaging sequence of tasks for students to work through. Has all the normal ingredients of a video lesson (lead-in, listening tasks, vocab, post tasks) but in a self-study format. I like the use of the built in tools such as the vocab matching and the card turning to make the tasks more interactive. I would perhaps work on signalling a little more, providing clearer headings/rubrics with colours etc to help distinguish the sections. Also, create more lessons so that students can use the side navigation to jump to the part they want.

@tania-pacheco
                                                  , yes possibly panopto won’t display quizzes because it requires login from the university to collect the students answers/data. We have a similar system here using something called Kaltura. I don’t have access to Panopto so difficult to say for certain. Could you download the video or take the original video file you created and add it H5P or Storyline to create similar quizzes? I know it’s a bit of extra work, but might be useful to practise those tools.

You are right that clipchamp doesn’t allow you to add quizzes. It’s really just a video editor, I think the idea is that you edit your video using Clipchamp to remove any bits you don’t want etc and then add it to a tool like Storyline or H5P to create the interactive/quiz parts.

@ann-c
                                                  your video is not displaying for some reason, it says video format not supported. Does it show that for you as well? Can you share the link to the activity itself from H5P?

Re BBC, for fair use reasons you probably can, the trick of course is actually extracting the video so you can use it!

Akiko IWATA
                                                  Participant
                                                      @akiko

Thanks David about the information, and I tried last week but I couldn’t download it.

But I could ask to download you tube video to an agent where I have a online class (they also have a technical staff for video and audio), because I wanted to use the material for the class.

So, I could use the video which I trimmed, but still I have some difficulties to make an interactive video.

First, I wanted to pause the video to show a brief explanation then make a trigger to start the video after the user clicks, but the video starts automatically. So, I put the information on the top of the video.

Second, I made three cue points to show quizzes, but even though I think I made the same instruction in the trigger, but for cue point 2 and 3 doesn’t work.

I tried to find out the cause but I gave up.

Akiko_Unit 8_for video_trial

ann clayton
                                                      Participant
                                                          @ann-c

David Read
                                                          Keymaster
                                                              @david

@akiko, yes, trying to set up cues/triggers in video can be really tricky in Storyline, particularly if we let students have access to player controls to move by themselves through the video. From experience it is easier to cut the video into smaller sections and then have one task per slide with the edited video sections and give them control over the video by adding controls in the video options (1) and letting it play when clicked (rather than automatically) (2). See picture below:

Joanne Tindall
                                                              Participant
                                                                  @jomtindall

@david Hello. I am still here working away. I am also having issues downloading from Youtube. I tried to avoid that by using an EAP video but it is 40 KB and the limit in H5P is 16MB! Hmmm I am a bit lost. I assume most videos on Youtube would be quite large too….

I just googled KB and MB. The file I want to upload is 39 KB, so that should work if limit is 16MB….right?

I  have also tried pasting the URL into the H5P, but that doesn’t work either.

David Read
                                                                  Keymaster
                                                                      @david

@jomtindall yes, it should work if it’s that small, though to be honest 39KB sounds too small for a video file!!! Can you send the file to me via email so I can see what’s wrong with it?

Viewing 15 reply threads
                                                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.