Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      David Read
      Keymaster
        @david

If you fancy sharing any Wordwall content you’ve created,  use this forum to do so, just share the link below. You might get some useful feedback from the tutors or other participants. This is completely optional though, so don’t feel you have to do this.

Sue Everest
        Participant
          @sue
            David Read
            Keymaster
              @david

yay, I got them all correct and – apparently – I’m top of the leaderboard :yahoo:

Anyhow, nice activity @sue, Wordwall is a nifty little tool for quickly creating engaging interactions

Zsofia Tarjani
            Participant
              @zsofit

@david Let’s see how you manage these food-related words  :yahoo: https://wordwall.net/resource/16055486

David Read
                Keymaster
                  @david

Slightly embarrassingly @zsofit, I did get one wrong:

However, in my defense I believe that the one I got wrong was ambiguous and it could have been one of three answers in the slot (unless you’d studied the specific unit): ;-)

Andrew Burke
                Participant
                  @andrew

This is one I’ve done before. It was for checking vocabulary already taught.

Andrew

Robert Jackson
                  Participant
                    @robj

https://wordwall.net/play/23697/262/746

Not used this before. Just a quick experiment but not good for the actual grammar point as it does not give you the option to accept variations in the sentence order that would be acceptable.

David Read
                    Keymaster
                      @david

@robj yes, this can be one of the limitations of some of these tools is that there can only be one real answer and variations aren’t really possible. There are some other tools we look at later that allow for more flexibility with that, but it is an inherent feature of many of these types of tools. This is where you then have to decide whether this is the right tool for that language point or not, or whether a different one might be more appropriate. Hopefully by the end of this course, you’ll have a range of them available to you so you can select the one that works best.

Brenda Allen
                      Participant
                        @azurial

This is a pretty rudimentary attempt, but I am sharing it anyway in the spirit of the course.

I had a number of false starts and, for this, just resorted to lifting the exercise itself from a coursebook used on pre-sessional recently.  I was very much concentrating on the mechanics on this occasion – but did note that the underlying thinking is quite flawed.  Alas, the distinction between research and thinking/writing turned out not always to be valid – so I ended up cutting out many of the more ambiguous original options.  The differences still seem rather too subtle and open to opinion, however? I guess it could be pruned right down to avoid any ambiguity?  And maybe such a simple activity could still provide some value as a warmer to promote discussion or further presentation, or as rapid revision.

Viewing 6 reply threads
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.