Viewing 13 reply threads
  • Author
      Juliet Parfitt
      Keymaster
          @juliet

Please share the link to the content you’ve created below, and also briefly respond to these two questions:

(1) How much time roughly did it take you to create the content?

(2) What aspects of Articulate Rise did you find a) easy to use and b) confusing/less easy to use?

Helen Shaw-Cotterill
          Participant
              @helen-sc

Just a quick note

The settings have changed slightly on Articulate Rise since David’s video.

To change the colour, you got to edit (in preview mode) and get the bar with

“Theme    Settings   Share   Review   Export”

Click on theme (not settings) to change the colour and font.

Helen Shaw-Cotterill
              Participant
                  @helen-sc

Here is my lesson on Articulate 

and here is the link for the ‘Review’ format so you can comment on my Articulate lesson

How much time roughly did it take you to create the content?

I guess about an hour or so, but I changed some of the task slightly as I had created them on Articulate after watching the info videos, so kept them in.

I also changed some of the sentences from the Google doc so they all related to cities so I had to edit a couple of the tasks I had created earlier on H5P.

What aspects of Articulate Rise did you find a) easy to use and b) confusing/less easy to use?

I wanted to do a multiple choice task from the Articulate page itself instead of exercise 4 controlled practice as per the Google doc – more to play around with the software than anything else. However, I had to add a block each time I created a new question. Seemed a bit faffy but I could have been doing it wrong! I couldn’t see an option to ‘add question’ or similar.  After watching the ‘how to’ videos and practicing, it was fairly easy to work through.

I think its just something that the more I use, the easier (hopefully) it will become! I did enjoy creating the different tasks though!

Juliet Parfitt
                    Keymaster
                        @juliet

I think this lesson looks great @helen-sc. Signalling and contiguity work really well, with good choice of task types. To add a hyperlink to your British Council resources, you can highlight the link and click on the icon.

Then add the link and insert.

Or you can create something like this if you prefer:

In the blocks list, select, Multimedia and then embed.

Then go to the edit button and change the placeholder content

David Read
                      Keymaster
                          @david

@helen-sc thanks for that update on changing the colours, these companies tend to update these tools fairly frequently so it’s difficult to keep up! Maybe a bit late to update my video for this course, but will for the next one

Helen Shaw-Cotterill
                            Participant
                                @helen-sc

Oh I didn’t mean you had to do a new video for now! It was more to let the other participants know, as I was a bit confused at first and thought others might be too (or they may have a higher level of intelligence than me and have figured it all out! :wacko: )

David Read
                              Keymaster
                                  @david

@helen-sc yeah, I won’t be able to for this course, but definitely will need to for the next course and it’s likely they’ll update other things as well so it’s worth doing. I’ve added a note now on the page where the videos are explaining about the change. So, it was really helpful that you pointed that out before most people got to it!

ann clayton
                                  Participant
                                      @ann-c

https://rise.articulate.com/share/fPOjoigfdVupzNWIuA6zsLQbnOWrJn1o

My rise content

I think this is the link so people can comment directly on line

https://360.articulate.com/review/content/1d1aaac3-438b-4b1b-a91b-5b4540062a82/review

Time taken; 3 hours, was busy experimenting!

I found making the cover page + follow up pages the most confusing, because content layout was not immediately intuitive and on screen to see what you were changing

@david
                                      , @juliet, is it poosible to copy and paste the chart or change the alignments so text is shifted to the left?

Tania Pacheco
                                      Participant
                                          @tania-pacheco
                                          eltc.tel@sheffield.ac.uk
                                          Keymaster
                                              @eltc-telsheffield-ac-uk

@ann-c, yes it is possible to left align, though they could make it a bit more obvious! You need to select the text in an individual cell or drag across multiple cells. A little edit box should pop up, and in that edit box, one of the icons is for alignment, click on that and choose left align. See the picture below:

Akiko IWATA
                                              Participant
                                                  @akiko

Hi, here is mine.

https://rise.articulate.com/share/ZrFYHQbm84NJA3atsb9_IDf5c2EozteJ

(1) It took me about three or four hours including making powerpoint for the explanation.

(2) It’s very intuisive, even though sometimes I couldn’t fint the best way to solve some problems (such as change dashed line to normal line for tables). It is easy to use, and I enjoyed to make the content. On the other hand, it is difficult to arrange/organize the structure of the content at first.

I wanted to record the explanation in English to my powerpoint animation, but maybe sometime later.

Joanne Tindall
                                                    Participant
                                                        @jomtindall

Loved how you embedded explanatory videos in the course  @akiko

Joanne Tindall
                                                      Participant
                                                          @jomtindall

https://rise.articulate.com/share/rm___B5QtsN2R-6M8WBk_7PVNr5AJHDR

This isn’t quite finished, but it is all I have time for this week. It took a couple of hours.

I would have liked to have embedded a relevant video and some freer practice if time had permitted.

David Read
                                                          Keymaster
                                                              @david

@akiko I agree with @jomtindall about the use of video, very clear and effective and some  useful activities to check understanding immediately after. I also like the use of the tabbed table to present information about comparatives/superlatives, a very effective use of space.  Perhaps for signalling purposes it might be useful to have headings for different parts (introduction/presentation, practice etc) to help orientate students a little.

@jomtindall
                                                              I like the layout of the objectives at the start and the activities provided interaction for the students. Like Akiko, maybe a little more signalling would help, perhaps also the use of multimedia (esp. pictures) to help show some of these visual distinctions.

Richard Davie
                                                              Participant
                                                                  @egq22rd

At this stage, it’s just proof of work. It’s a fairly vanilla version with Rise, but I’ve tried to keep it clean & clear.

https://rise.articulate.com/share/UcdVGHscy9ls5Aiz5e3XnJw2HdcljJFR

Amon Ezike
                                                                  Participant
                                                                      @amon246

Hello all

Here is my work. Apologies

https://rise.articulate.com/share/_aGd2ehzb2E_-GQVlkLp36lsonnYlRFl

It took me about an hour and 30 minutes.

Found the embedding pretty easy and fast. Changing table color wasn’t easy but not difficult either once you get the hang of it.

Tim Radnor
                                                                      Participant
                                                                          @timr
                                                                      Viewing 13 reply threads
                                                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.