Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Juliet Parfitt
      Keymaster
          @juliet

Please share the link to your presentation below and also add short answers to the following two questions:

1. How does creating quizzes in Storyline compare with, say, H5P or Articulate Rise?
          2. Is there anything in the quiz tools that you still find confusing (e.g. Why can’t I do….? Is it possible to…..?)

Do try to take a look at a couple of other presentations created by participants but don’t feel under obligation to comment on them as we will do that.

Helen Shaw-Cotterill
          Participant
              @helen-sc

Ok, here it is. I’ve checked it about 4 times and edited it after each check so I really hope it all ‘works’ !

passive storyline 1st attempt

This definitely took a looooong time, despite having the ideas there from the initial passive task and from the mini quiz activity.  I would say 5 hours+

How does creating quizzes in Storyline compare with, say, H5P or Articulate Rise?

Obviously you can do a lot more in Storyline but it also takes a lot more time. And there are some things the H5P can do just as well – true/false or drag the word, for example, and with less faff!

Is there anything in the quiz tools that you still find confusing (e.g. Why can’t I do….? Is it possible to…..?)

Can you embed links or anything in Storyline. I did have a look around but didn’t see the options anywhere.

Also, for some reason in Rise view the order of my slides shows differently to how they actually are, but in Storyline the order is correct. I’ve no idea why…..

ann clayton
              Participant
                  @ann-c

passive presentation using quizzes

passive voice week 7 using quizzes

Hi Everyone, my presentation.  Again a steep learning curve this week…. (including a programme crash which lost work)

@david
                  @juliet I have not done timings for the different parts of the slide, but am aware of what we were talking about with participant control last week.  Do you (or anybody else) please have any advice on the best way to manage this without having buttons all over the screen e.g. sometimes just after 1 speech bubble.

How do the programmes compare – I’ve just focussed on storyline to manage information overload

Any questions – as above

Tania Pacheco
                  Participant
                      @tania-pacheco

Hi everyone,

I have added the quizzes to the original sotoryline of “Passive Voice”, I hope this is ok.

@david
                      I’ve tried to improve the slides that show too much going on, I am not sure whether this is better. I’ve tried to do the “hide” option but it did not work or I do not remember how to do it.

With the quizzes I would like to learn how to calculate the final score.

I hope we have the time to go over the “states” please because I’ve tried to do it with the images from Leonardo Da Vinci and Mona Lisa, so when you click on each image you can see the information about them. Is this possible?

Anyway, this is my link: https://360.articulate.com/review/content/4e4c33b3-a637-4520-8e5b-1f35e8e7ca2c/review

:scratch:

Akiko IWATA
                      Participant
                          @akiko

Here is mine.

Akiko_Unit 7_task_passive plus quizez

First I wanted to add quizzez only, but after I created “hide layers” exercise explained in the last session, I wanted to make quiz in this new version. So, I created a new one and that’s why took more than 8 hours in total. It was confusing to check “hide layer” and create “triggers” that work, and took a lot of time than I had expected. I know there are still some triggers, buttons and others (and my English) that can be improved, but I think it’s fine at this point.

I tried to make a flow to explain the passive voice including the quizzez this time, and even I had a draft before I start doing I couldn’t create as I had expected. It is much more complex than I have imagined.

I agree with @ann-c, it’s a steep curve. Especially when try to combine the elements that we’ve learnt.

How does creating quizzes in Storyline compare with, say, H5P or Articulate Rise?

I agree with @helen-sc, H5P is stressless and the function is enough.  Compare with Articulate Rise or H5P, it’s more free in style in Storyline, such as visuals or forms.

Is there anything in the quiz tools that you still find confusing?

In the “Quiz 2” (multiple question) I don’t remember what I missed, but I cannot select any in Preview. I tried to figure out, but I couldn’t.

David Read
                          Keymaster
                              @david

Thanks @helen-sc @akiko @ann-c and @tania-pacheco for your incredible work putting these together, I know it can be incredibly time-consuming doing so, but I think the results are worth it – and hope you feel the same! I’ll make some individual comments on these shortly, but in the live session today I’ll also make some general comments on what worked and what needs working on.

Tania, you asked about calculating results, this can be done, from the slide>results slide option (see picture below). You will get a dialogue box asking you to select which slides you want included in the quiz and then it can create a special slide after them giving them the results. You can also set pass/fail grades/percents as well.

Also, Tania, I hope we’ll have time in the live session to go over states again as well.

Helen, yes, you can embed links, not immediately obvious from the menus, you need to go into Insert>hyperlink to bring up the relevant dialogue box (see pic below)

Ann, you asked: ‘Do you (or anybody else) please have any advice on the best way to manage this without having buttons all over the screen e.g. sometimes just after 1 speech bubble?’

It’s a very good question, and we can look at it in the live session. A few things that can be done:

a) remove the ‘player’ with the check tick and put a ‘check’ button on the slide itself. This can remove the confusion about how to check the answer. To create a check button, create a button and from the trigger menu, select ‘submit interaction‘ as the action.

b) You can set buttons to appear or disappear based on other actions – e.g. the next/back buttons only appear after the ‘check’ button has been pressed. One way to do that is to set the initial state of a button/object to hidden. You can do this in the states section (see pic below)

After that, you can then use triggers to change the state of a button to either hidden/normal depending on what you want to do. So, for example, you might want a ‘more’ button to appear when a ‘next’ button has been clicked. So, you can set it up like this:

If that doesn’t make sense, don’t worry, we can discuss it a little more in the live session today.

Viewing 5 reply threads
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.