Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
      Juliet Parfitt
      Keymaster
          @juliet

Please respond to this forum post to add your Articulate Review link . We’d like you to comment on one to two other people’s content, but please do that in the margin in Review, not here in the forums. The group you are in for commenting is:

Group 1: Akiko Iwata, Amon Ezike, Ann Clayton

Group 2: Helen Shaw-Cotterill, Joanne Tindall, Linda Roth

Group 3: Lynne Newcombe, Richard Davie, Richard McDonald

Group 4: Tania Pacheco, Tim Radnor, Cynthia Law

When you share your link, please tag the other people in your group (e.g. @david here is my link) so they know the content is ready for comment.

What to comment on?

When looking at each other’s content in Review, please focus your comments around these areas:

• Identifying effective navigational design to manage information flow and cognitive load
          • Aspects of the content that gives student control and choice
          • Meeting the principles of effective content design (multimedia, contiguity, coherence, personalisation, context etc)

You only need to make 4-6 comments on each person’s content.

Tania Pacheco
          Participant
              @tania-pacheco

Hi, what does this mean please? ttumv4534# it is in the storyboard on lesson objectives

David Read
                Keymaster
                    @david

hi @tania-pacheco we accidentally deleted text from that box, it’s been restored now so please go back and have a look

Akiko IWATA
                  Participant
                      @akiko
                        Amon Ezike
                        Participant
                            @amon246

Hello Akiko ,

I have commented on your work, well done. Apologies for the delay

ann clayton
                          Participant
                              @ann-c

@akiko @amon246 Here is my content.  I would like to spend longer on it, but it has taken a long time up to now….   I have not been able to upload the google docs for the students to comment on and would like to spend longer on the text sizing/gaps between text.

https://360.articulate.com/review/content/1c84896c-8db4-4692-9f5d-6047f1fb7f3b/review

Amon Ezike
                                Participant
                                    @amon246

Hello Ann,

I have commented on your work, well done. Apologies for the delay

Tania Pacheco
                                  Participant
                                      @tania-pacheco

Hi everyone,

@tim and @cynthia @timradnor @cynthialaw this is my link to review: https://360.articulate.com/review/content/18840027-8e8f-4d9a-8958-660d1a31336d/review

Thanks,

Tania

Note: the tags don’t work, I am trying with names only and names and surnames, @David can you help tagging them please?

David Read
                                        Keymaster
                                            @david

Sure @tania-pacheco, I’ll tag @TimR here so he sees this message and your content. I don’t think Cynthia continued with the course, so you don’t have to worry about her.

Joanne Tindall
                                          Participant
                                              @jomtindall

Hi,

I spent a long time yesterday working on my storyboard. I added content, interactive quizzes and pics and had got as far as embedding the mic.

When I returned today, I only had the intro text left.  I think when I started off this was the page I was using and then somehow started with another page with the same title.  I guess that one didn’t save.

To me it is  not clear whether it is saved or not and I am not sure how to check this….the storyboard is saved or not. Oh well, I won’t have time to do it again, so I’ll have to chalk that one up to experience! :wacko:

Joanne Tindall
                                                Participant
                                                    @jomtindall

Oh! It was there. Just didn’t recognise it in the edit mode!

I am struggling with Themes. I am trying to make a side navigation bar along the side. I saw a couple of other people’s on here and they look great.  However, when i select the sidebar, it does not show when i preview…..I’ve tried and tried. Feeling lost…..

David Read
                                                  Keymaster
                                                      @david

Sorry to hear you’re having some problems @jomtindall, let’s see if we can sort them out. When you say ‘side navigation’, do you mean like the side menu in the picture below (1)? One possibility is that the side menu is hidden because your screen is smaller (it may do that by default) and you can bring it out by clicking three lines menu (2). Can you test that and see?

The other thing you can try is to make sure that Sidebar is enabled in the Navigation menu in themes. So, go to Themes>Navigation and select Sidebar from the left-hand side.

Please let me know if that helps at all.

Joanne Tindall
                                                        Participant
                                                            @jomtindall

Thanks @david. I will try that.

I was planning to join the Zoom meeting tonight and ask about it, but with your clocks going back, 1pm is 11pm here. Not sure I can stay up that late, let alone engage the brain!  I have been watching the recordings though.

Thanks!!

Joanne Tindall
                                                            Participant
                                                                @jomtindall

I think the problem is that i have made the content without first setting up the ‘lessons’. The content is now outside the lessons and I am not sure of a short cut way to put them in.

I wanted to send you a screenshot, but it won’t load.

Here’s what I have done so far @david

https://360.articulate.com/review/content/509ffe7c-8f02-40c8-8bad-f60179c82fea/review

David Read
                                                                Keymaster
                                                                    @david

thanks @jomtindall, I’ve added some comments to what you’ve done. I understand now what the issue is. The content is not really ‘outside’ the lessons, rather  all your content is in one lesson!! And yes, Rise makes it quite difficult to move things from one lesson to another. The easiest – but clunkiest and most time consuming – way is to duplicate the lesson with all the content in and then delete the bits from it you don’t need. It’s not ideal, but it does work (see pic below)

Helen Shaw-Cotterill
                                                                  Participant
                                                                      @helen-sc

Hi there, Late to the party but I’ve made it!!

@david
                                                                          @juliet   This is the link to mine:

https://360.articulate.com/review/content/3aff9452-fea7-4a88-bb2d-3c2e018781ac/review

@jomtindall
                                                                      and linda roth @tinkerbell

Richard Davie
                                                                      Participant
                                                                          @egq22rd

Done. Followed the storyboard guides pretty much to the letter rather than get too creative.

https://360.articulate.com/review/content/1c7a5e74-17c1-4608-9997-2feb33618a5c/review

I’ve switched on the Review.

• #51423
                                                                          Tania Pacheco
                                                                          Participant
                                                                              @tania-pacheco

@david Hi David, where could I get more information about how to create an Storyboard please? Thanks in advance! :)

• #51778
                                                                              Tim Radnor
                                                                              Participant
                                                                                  @timr
                                                                                • #52942
                                                                                  Amon Ezike
                                                                                  Participant
                                                                                      @amon246

Hello

Please find the link to my Unit 5. Apologies all

https://360.articulate.com/review/content/841d7da6-05b0-4403-b020-65b27dde75df/review

Viewing 11 reply threads
                                                                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.