Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      Juliet Parfitt
      Keymaster
        @juliet

Please share the link to your presentation below and also add short answers to the following two questions:

1. How long did it take you to create the presentation?
        2. What aspect of the presentation took the longest for you to create? (e.g. creating the next/back buttons)

Do try to take a look at a couple of other presentations created by participants but don’t feel under obligation to comment on them as we will do that.

Robert Anderson
        Participant
          @robert

Here’s my effort.

Passive voice

In answer to Juliet’s questions:

1. It took forever and a day. With practice I hope to get it down to just forever.

2. Getting the layers right and programming the triggers took a while. Adjusting the timings of when items appear on screen took quite a while too.

Off to sit in a dark (tech free) room now.

Robert

Sue Everest
          Participant
            @sue

Finally, and here you go https://360.articulate.com/review/content/2338d45c-507e-4b15-8e5f-efe4aede9783/review

It’s taken me all afternoon. I just couldn’t get the sequencing right with inserting buttons and further info on the 2nd layer. I also couldn’t work out how to embed links and how to include audio. The result is quite basic. :yahoo:

Brenda Allen
              Participant
                @azurial

Well, I am very impressed @sue.  I have still not been able to embed the links properly either. The timeline on my version is hardly visible, so a total nightmare :cry:   – though I eventually just about managed to do it almost blind this time round.  Have also been at it since lunchtime :wacko: .  Life is short, and the clock tells me it might well be time to once more make my peace with imperfection :unsure:

Brenda Allen
              Participant
                @azurial
                Naomi Rabin
                Participant
                  @naomirabin

Hi, here is my ‘masterpiece’!

Naomi Passive Storyline

I have been at it for an hour or two, there’s bits I am not quite happy with but in the interests of sanity I am going to call it a night.

For me, what took the longest was formatting and trying to make sure everything was uniform. I was trying to think about accessible colours etc too. Also figuring out the layers took a while!

Georgina Lloyd
                  Participant
                    @georgie_l

Hi, here’s mine…

Georgie Passive Presentation

1. I would say around 2 hours – for what seems to be about 3 minutes of learning!! :wacko:

2. I spent quite a long time messing around with layers. And also … storyline crashed! And, of course, I hadn’t saved changes.. I was fiddling around with my character and trying out different poses and the software decided it couldn’t take anymore. Also triggers and like @robert, I spent ages trying to get the timings right, but it still feels too fast…

Brenda Allen
                      Participant
                        @azurial

My Storyline kept crashing too.  Constantly.  Or at least freezing and requiring a tedious re-start right in the middle of something.  It was still happening after our meeting yesterday – so suspect it may have something to do with the limitations of using a laptop, along with the display issues, as discussed.

David Read
                      Keymaster
                        @david

don’t worry @robert @georgie_l @azurial @sue @naomirabin about how long these initial attempts take you to create. We were exactly the same when we started and it’s only with time that you begin to learn shortcuts that make the process quicker and more efficient, such as templates/reusing content etc. It’s rare that we ever make something completely from scratch, so inevitably when you do it does take a while. But just skimming through your initial attempts, it looks like you are getting to grips with the tool already, which is great.

Juliet Parfitt
                        Keymaster
                          @juliet

Here’s a little tip! If you want to embed Wordwall into Storyline, you can insert the URL link as a web object. You can’t actually see it until you publish to Review though.

Brenda Allen
                            Participant
                              @azurial

Thanks @juliet.  I actually did this but the links which appeared could not be opened.  :-(   Once published, even these disappeared leaving only a regretful emoji. :cry:   Hopefully, I’ll have better luck with the Unit 7 additions B-)

Paul Middlemas
                            Participant
                              @paul-m

This is my half finished passive attempt

I could have spent a lot longer sorting out the font and adding more buttons, but I ran out of time. I haven’t really put too much consideration into colours, fonts (size and type), contiguity etc. – so most of what we’ve been learning :/ – but wanted to try and get to grips with the animation and transitions…

Zsofia Tarjani
                              Participant
                                @zsofit

So if you ask me how long it has taken me, I have to say AGES and I’m not even happy with the outcome :wacko:

I didn’t quite get how to change the transition of the text boxes and it was time consuming to  figure out the layers.

Zsofi’s passive trial

I really enjoy the process though, I think there is a lot of potential in this tool but I really need to get faster. :)))

Viewing 9 reply threads
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.